Saturday, November 26, 2005

How we gonna pay, last year's rent...

So i went to see this this past week.

We a good film. Had I not seen the play, i would have thought it was a great film. But since I love the play so much, the film rather pales in comparison. The play is much more...spontaneous and interative. And I guess that will always be so. But still, it was a good film. I was entertained. There were some differences between the play and movie, but none really unsatisfactory. Rosario Dawson, who plays Mimi and was not one of the original 9 members of the play, does an outstanding job. She's got an impressive voice. And she has the acting ability to pull off Mimi, all aspects of Mimi, from sultry vixen, to strung out heroin addict, and everything in between. And I noticed that there were two gay kisses and two lesbian kisses before the first straight kiss. Very nice. At any rate, the movie was enjoyable, worth the $7.00 admission, and I'm certain that the day it's released on DVD it will be in my collection. Those are the best raves I can give it.

POLT = listening to "Blade Trinity" play on DVD in the background

Don't change color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will chage color to match you. - Dragonlance Legends #1

No comments: