Thursday, November 24, 2005

Ask the Lord's blessing, for turkey and dressing..

My Thanksgiving tradition is a big family reunion (somewhere around 50-60 people showing up). My grandfather was the oldest of 7 kids, and even though he's passed on, as have some of his syblings, the living ones, thier kids, grandkids, and some great-grandkids go to this community center we rent out and have Thanksgiving dinner together. IT's generally a fun and good time. I actually like these relatives...or at least I can like them for a few hours a year.

A few cousins (Zack, Kyle, Marcus) are in thier mid to late teens, and looking like they're gonna be heartbreakers. Although, were I to lay money on it, I'd bet Marcus is...a Friend Of Dorothy, a little light in the loafers, plays for MY team...if you get my drift. Always well coiffed, dressed impeccably in the latest styles, pooka shell necklace and bracelet, and (judging by the attitude) is just too TOO much to be party to something like this reunion thing. Yeah, boy's got screaming twink written all over him. Nice to know I'm not the only one in the family.

Also, my cousin was there with her son (who's just about 6 months old) Cameron. i posted a photo of Cam and me at his baptism, and what the hell, I'll post one from today.
After all this, I come home, watch the Dallas game (if ONLY they had made that late game field goal...whatever....), and while I do that I prepare my Christmas cards. yes, people get birthday cards from me a month routinely, but they get thier Christmas card from me the first weekend in December. Go figure.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday. Tomorrow, it's back to work for me. But that's not required. I get the day off, but I work it and then I'll take it sometime later. Some morning I wake up and just canNOT face work, I'll take it then.

POLT = listening to "Another Day" from RENT

You can't be brave if you've only had good things happen to you. - Mary Tyler Moore

No comments: