Friday, November 18, 2005

A growing boy need his lunch...

Earlier this week at work (during one of the Days O'Hell), i got an email from one of my co-workers. She said some of them had decided to have like a covered dish lunch on Friday, and I was invited. BUt I only had to bring "snackie stuff" since we all knew I couldn't cook.

This seriously pissed me off. Not because I can cook, because even Helen Keller knows I can't (and she's deaf, dumb AND dead), but because 1) I was in a pissy mood anyway then, and this did nothing to change it and 2) they could have at least pretended to not condescend to me and allowed me to offer to bring "snackie stuff". So I said to myself, "Self, if they're gonna be that way, fine, they can just bite us both! I'll make something to take along and show them all!"
But then I was hit with a conumdrum, because, as I said I can NOT cook, so what in the hell could I possibly make to take? And then it came to me!

DEVILED EGGS! yeah I can make those. I had success with them before. I'll not go into that again, but if you want to hear about it, check out this post. At any rate I made the eggs, and took them to work. And don'tcha know, they didn't believe I had made them! They thought my mom did. Luckily, I had told one of the ladies there that I was planning on doing this, and they believed her, and so she vouched for me. And the eggs were so good, there were only two left when we finished, and those two were snatched up later in the day. SO they all went pretty fast. I had feared they wouldn't be good, cause I used a recipe that called for 12 eggs, and but I only used 10 eggs, as my container only holds 10 (yeah, that too was the subject of a previous postas well) I didn't take a photo of them, like last time, you want a photo, check out this same post.

The whole lunch thing was good, but what torqued me off was, I had to bring "snackie stuff" becaues I can't cook. And yet, some of the people who can cook brought hings like: a bucket of KFC chicken, deviled eggs bought at Wal-Mart (which no one touched, heh, heh), mac salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, potaot salad, all in plastic containers from the deli. They didnt' even cook! Ah, well, whatver, at least it was better than the slop we're normally fed.

POLT = listening to "Retox" by Fatboy SLim

Flash, Flash, I LOVE you Flash! But we only have 14 hours to save the Earth! - Dale Arden, Flash Gordon (1980)

No comments: